Frequently Asked Questions
1. What makeup brands do you use?
We use a wide range of products from many different brands. Only high quality and high performing products are in our kit to ensure your makeup is flawless on camera and in person. All products are always tested for top performance prior to making it into our collection. Please contact us with any questions regarding allergies in your party.
2. Do you do bridal trials?
We require them! We feel makeup is personal, and must be tailored to each client's specific style and facial features. Full bridal trials are held in our studio boutique located in Bangsar Village 2, Bangsar. A trial is the best time for us to get to know each other, and for us to fully grasp your needs as a Bride. We use this consultation to give you a taste of our artistry styles while getting to know you, your preferences and any ideas you may have. We like to test different products, colours, and styles on you and make adjustments together so that your makeup is exactly what you are looking for on your big day! Do bring photo references and any inspirations of what bridal makeup you like best. A trial is best scheduled 2-3 months prior to your wedding but can be done whenever you wish. Click (here) for more info on how to get to our studio boutique.
3. Why should I pay for a bridal trial?
Approximately 3 hours of our time goes into your bridal trial. Sometimes this application process is more work than the day of your wedding. A bridal trial includes prep, 1 on 1 time with us and however long we need to achieve your desired look, post organization: photos, products used and application are all documented not only for our use, but for your benefit (so you can go stock up on your favourite products)
4. My mother is nervous about having her makeup done. Can she come in for a trial as well?
Absolutely! We are happy to schedule trials for any other adults in your bridal party. The cost for the trial will be as per normal rate per pax. Just let us know and we will be happy to assist you!
5. Can I have more than one trial?
Yes, you can. Just be aware that each additional trial comes with the same fee as the first one.
6. Why is it important to hire a Makeup Artist for my special occasion/ Wedding?
Of all the reasons to hire a professional makeup artist for your wedding day or special event, this may be one of the most important. Your special day will most likely be very busy, with unexpected challenges–don’t let your appearance be one of them!! This is your chance to have a little alone time to relax and enjoy being pampered; after all, you deserve it! Get indulged by our artists and get your personalized makeover at the comfort of our studio boutique located in Bangsar Village 2 or alternatively, have our artists travel to your preferred location.
A professional will own the tools of the trade and have years of training under their brush belts. Our artists at the Makeover Loft have perfected their craft and know what works best for your special occasion whether its matching foundations, finding the best colors to compliment your look and for bringing out all of your best features. When you hire a professional team, you can rest assured that they will be using only the highest quality, professional grade products that are applied to last all day!
Be Camera Ready All Day:
Your special occasion or the day you get married is the day you should feel the most confident and the most beautiful. You'll never have had so many photos taken of you and your face will be the first thing all of your loved ones and friends see! Not your dress, not your jewelry or shoes...your face. Which is why hiring a professional to do your bridal or occasion makeup is one of the most important decisions you will make regarding your special day. While the day might go by in a flash, your pictures are meant to last forever. Hiring a team will ensure that your hair will stay place throughout the night, and your makeup will stay through laughter and tears.
A professional team will eliminate the chaos of having your bridal party scattered about the morning of your wedding getting their glam on. They will also help create a uniform, consistent look amongst all of your bridesmaids. If Natalie shows up with a smokey eye and a vamped up lip, but Lauren makes an entrance with a soft romantic look, the party won’t look like they belong together. The same goes to event makeup that requires a group makeup to look on par and similar.
7. Can I hire you for partial Makeup Services? Eg- just eyes, or just face?
Unfortunately, we are not available for partial makeup services. For a look to be whole, complete and to represent our work, the makeup will need to be done by us from start to finish. This will also ensure the makeup will last all day. Unfortunately we also do not touch up or do work or modification on other artist's work if there will be more than 1 makeup artist for your bridal party.
8. What happens if someone wants their makeup done last minute and was not already booked?
This happens on a regular basis. When other women notice that there is a makeup artist on location they ditch their own brushes and head over to the makeup station. Depending on time we may be able to accommodate this, but of course the women that booked ahead of time have priority and we will not rush a client to fit in extra faces. Clients will be treated as if there was no one waiting to have a service. If we do have time, all prices will be as listed.
9. Can you service a large group or bridal party?
Yes, We are more than happy to service a large bridal party with the support of a makeup assistants. We are also able to provide experiences for groups, please contact us with details, and we will be happy to build a group experience with you.
10. Besides the actual bridal makeup application, what else is included in your pricing?
- We come to you, complete with portable lighting, supplies and all the makeup we need to get you glammed up…no matter where you are! Just ensure your face is freshly washed and scrubbed when we arrive and we’ll take care of the rest!
- 24/7 access to us via WhatsApp to ensure we are always on the same page and that no detail, concern or question pertaining to your event is left out.
- Pro suggestions for creating your day of hair/makeup timeline so everything runs smoothly!
- A fully prepared mood board (usually power point) to keep all our favourite and confirmed makeup /hairdo references
- Longer appointment time slot for the bride. Nothing will feel rushed!
- Last minute touch-ups for you before heading out the door.
- Suggestions for pre-wedding skin prep so that your makeup wears longer and applies smoother on the day of.
11. I have had my makeup done before and had a bad experience with overdone makeup. I am looking for a very natural look. Can you accommodate me?
Yes! We will take the time to get to know you and your comfort level with makeup. You are important to us. We WILL listen! You will leave happy and not looking overdone.
12. Who should I contact if I have feedback or problems with my service?
Customer satisfaction is our priority. In the unfortunate case that you have an issue with our service, please WhatsApp us. We will be happy to get back to you as soon as possible.